Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'attributes')

05-09-2022 12:59 PM
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

I'm working on a survey where coordinates are pulled in from a CSV. I got everything working perfectly fine in the app, but keep getting errors on the browser. I know that there are sometimes limitations with using browsers for Survey123, but life will be a LOT easier if this can work in the browser. Currently I'm getting a "Failed to submit: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'attributes')" message. I've attached the form file and the associated csv. Any suggestions to get this to work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

@MT_JenAmes screenshot of calculation?

Some functionality is not supported in the web version. If you have a compound calculation I have resolved this issue previously by separating the calculation into its individual parts on their own lines in the XLSForm. The intermediate questions can be hidden so they don't show on the survey.

0 Kudos
MT_JenAmes
New Contributor III

This is how I have it set up right now. Previously I had it as one big line, essentially pulling the coordinates together in one line. Both setups worked in Connect and in the Survey123 field app to drop a point at the correct location, but the end user for this will be desk workers, and the browser would be the easiest way to do it.

MTJames_0-1652182368746.png

0 Kudos
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Does it work in the Survey123 Windows app, as a workaround? That way they won't need to use the browser version but can still use PC to submit records.

Else it seems like maybe it isn't pulling from the CSV?

0 Kudos