Canadian Postal Code not pulled in web browser as Geocoding reverse function

Jump to solution
02-24-2021 11:11 AM
fyang
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

Canadian postal code format is A1B 2C3. As survey 123 geocoding reverse result, we only got the first 3 characters as "reversegeocode.address.Postal". While we get the last 3 characters from "reversegeocode.address.PostalExt".

So I merged these two into one as:

pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.Postal") + pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.PostalExt")

It works in Survey 123 connect:

fyang_0-1614193738082.png

But it doesn't works in web browser.

fyang_1-1614193783439.png

If I only have postal code, it works but only show the first 3 characters.

Any clue? Thanks!

Fan

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Fan, 

Try to create two null questions and each of them calculate first 3 code and the rest of 3 code. Then use 'concat' to put them together as calculate in postal code question.

E.g.Name, Calculate, Esri field type

postal_123, pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.Postal"), null

postal_456,pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.PostalExt"), null

postal_code, concat(${postal_123}, ' ', ${postal_456}).

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KerryKang

If you set Esri Field Type as null, it does not create additional fields in the actual dataset, but does work/exist within only Survey123 form. It's tricky to make both field form and web form works.. Hope you can find a solution! I am in Canada so I will be interesting how it works eventually. :)

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KerryKang

Hi Fan, 

Try to create two null questions and each of them calculate first 3 code and the rest of 3 code. Then use 'concat' to put them together as calculate in postal code question.

E.g.Name, Calculate, Esri field type

postal_123, pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.Postal"), null

postal_456,pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.PostalExt"), null

postal_code, concat(${postal_123}, ' ', ${postal_456}).

Kerry

0 Kudos
fyang
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Kerry!

But we are using a standard data model (shared with other applications) so cannot create extra field for that. I know extra fields calculation is a work around method. But I'm seeking a direct solution base on existing field calculation.

Thanks for your advise!

0 Kudos
KerryKang

If you set Esri Field Type as null, it does not create additional fields in the actual dataset, but does work/exist within only Survey123 form. It's tricky to make both field form and web form works.. Hope you can find a solution! I am in Canada so I will be interesting how it works eventually. :)

Kerry

0 Kudos
fyang
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Kerry!

That works!

0 Kudos
KerryKang

That's great! One more tip, after you publish the survey, you can change the type of two additional question to 'hidden' (I assume you used 'text'), the re-publish it. Then they won't be displayed for end users.

Kerry

0 Kudos
fyang
by
New Contributor II

Yeah, I set them hidden in the beginning. :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

0 Kudos