Select to view content in your preferred language

How to include all image fileNames in one field?

Jump to solution
01-25-2024 10:11 PM
trashbaby
New Contributor II

This seems rather simple but I've googled every permutation of the question and haven't found a working solution. I have about 20 image questions, each multiline.

I want to create a hidden field that includes all image fileNames captured via the 20 image questions, separated by commas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

First you need to get a comma separated list for each individual question. You can do this via join(',',${image_question_name}) outside of the repeat.

Then, you need to concat() all of those joins.

Just ensure that you change the default field length for all of the new join() and concat() calculates from 255 (the default when left empty) to something considerably larger or will likely get submission errors when your join() and/or concat() exceeds the 255 default.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

First you need to get a comma separated list for each individual question. You can do this via join(',',${image_question_name}) outside of the repeat.

Then, you need to concat() all of those joins.

Just ensure that you change the default field length for all of the new join() and concat() calculates from 255 (the default when left empty) to something considerably larger or will likely get submission errors when your join() and/or concat() exceeds the 255 default.

trashbaby
New Contributor II

Thank you @abureaux ! I ended up creating multiple individual image questions in place of a multiline image question so I skipped the first step. I did end up adding a ", " in between each image question fileName.

0 Kudos