Can you force the delete or update of a survey on a mobile device?

Jump to solution
01-18-2018 12:23 PM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

If I need to modify a survey and re-publish is there a way to force delete the old survey from mobile devices? It seems like they survey doesn't check do a self-check to see if it's still valid before you enter data (on Android v2.5.44 at least). So the user can plug in all the info and, if they are paying attention they'll see the submit fails. It doesn't even generate an error popup, it just leaves the survey as a draft.

13 Replies
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Philip,

I cannot seem to find any information on the EAC platform about the option to require users to update the survey.

Can you please post a link to the specific documentation on how this is implemented?

Thanks,

-David

0 Kudos
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

...disregard my post above, I downloaded the 3.10 Connect and now see the option in the settings.

OlivierDemars1
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

When does Survey123 actually check for updates? From what I can see it happens at the start and when clicking on Download Surveys. Does it happen regularly once the application is open? 

Best regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @OlivierDemars1,

The check for updates to survey forms occurs when the app if first opened, or if you refresh the gallery (by pull down action on gallery). It does not occur on a regular interval automatically once app is open.

You can also see updates by going to Download surveys menu and using the filter icon to only show updated surveys.

Regards,

Phil.