Can't generate reports or export data

01-24-2018 02:43 PM
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Every survey my company has created is currently experiencing the same issue. We get the following error when trying to generate reports:  "An error occurred while generating report. get errors when rendering the template: The tag "field_35" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag "field_20" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag"... and so on.  We also cannot export excel files. 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris Shuck‌,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm following things? These can help us locate the cause of the problem. Thanks!

• Regarding the generate reports error
    • Is the same survey and report template working well in 2.5 release?
    • Are the "fiedl_35", "field_20" questions related to the error all Multipleline Text question?
      • If yes, in the Word template file, is there any other string you put in the same line before or after e.g. the ${field_35} placeholder?
      • If no, what are the types of those questions?
  • Regarding the cannot export excel files
    • Did you try to use the "Export" menu in the Data page of the Survey123 website?
      • If yes, is it working for the same survey in 2.5 release?
    • Can you please go to the source feature service item behind the survey in ArcGIS Online and see if you can export excel file there?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I removed all sting before or after the placeholder in my word document and I am still having the same issue as stated above. I was using the same survey before the most recent release/update.

My export is working fine. I would rather not have to export the data and merge with a word document every time I need to print a report.

I was really excited about the Beta report generator. Would love to know if there is a work around? 

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

ZWang-esristaff

We have many surveys, and none of them can generate reports.  All of them worked fine before the 2.6 release. All of the fields mentioned that are related to the error are indeed multiline text questions.  On the Word template, there are no other tags before or after the tags in question on the same line, but there are words before each of them.

Regarding the Excel export option, I was trying to export from the data page of the Survey 123 website. I don’t know if it was working during the 2.5 release, because I had never tried it before.  I can export the Excel file from the source feature on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

diligentpig

I edited the Word doc, took all of the words out from in front of the tags in question, and then generated the report successfully.  As I've mentioned though, my company has many surveys and it would be burdensome to go back and edit every template. Also, removing words before these tags decreases functionality of the forms and creates more work for the person generating the reports every time a report is generated. Hopefully there is a way to fix this on your end?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

diligentpig

Update: There is a report template that I need to use, so I went ahead and deleted all text on the same lines as multiline text tags. I no longer get the error message for these tags. However, I do get this: "The scope parser for the tag A_Notes2 failed to execute." I've tried a few things to fix this, but nothing has worked. I still can't produce the report.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the solutions or not, but we have been attempting to get the custom reporting function to work for the past two days without success; until a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if there has been progress made behind the scenes or just luck?

We had to turn off the "Show individual response" in order to have the custom report using the word docx file to run correctly.

Might want to give it a try.

Cheers!

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something is buggy in Release 2.6 none of our reports will print from Survey123 for ArcGIS. Getting various errors, this is only in the last two days.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi all,

We have identified an issue with the print template and multiline text questions; we will be updating the Survey123 website shortly to address this.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I am able to print reports for most of my surveys now. However, I still have two that are getting error messages. They both say:  "An error occurred while generating report." They say nothing more than that though, so I don't know where to start. One of the templates was made and working prior to the 2.6 release, the other was made post 2.6.

Chris

0 Kudos