Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't generate reports or export data

01-24-2018 02:43 PM
ChrisShuck1
Emerging Contributor

Every survey my company has created is currently experiencing the same issue. We get the following error when trying to generate reports:  "An error occurred while generating report. get errors when rendering the template: The tag "field_35" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag "field_20" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag"... and so on.  We also cannot export excel files. 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
ChrisShuck1
Emerging Contributor

Hi Allison,

I tried it but had no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Chris

0 Kudos
RobertMarros
Frequent Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌,

Can anyone utilize the Generate Report functionality from the Survey123 website to generate a report or can only the owner/creator of the survey? I created the survey (using Survey123 connect) under the Esri username User01 and shared it out to a group. My group members are able to login to the Survey123 website to view the survey and click on the data tab (I already enabled the group with permission to view the data). However, there is no option available for them to generate a report. 

Thanks

#survey123 custom report‌ 

0 Kudos
RobertMarros
Frequent Contributor

Never mind. I figured it out. I needed to go back to ArcGIS Online where the Generated Reports are stored and share those files with my group. Once I did that the other members were able to login in and generate a report for a specific record. 

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

By design, all stakeholders of the survey should be able to see all templates uploaded by the author and generate reports in the Data page. We also had fix on this workflow in previous release.

If would be helpful for us to enhance the workflow if you can provide exact reproduce steps when it happens again, thanks!

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I am currently having this issue where only the author of the report is able to generate it.  The other users get this error: "Http failure response for (unknown url): 0 Unknown Error".   I switched my Microsoft Word Template from being shared with the group to being shared with everyone in ArcGIS Online and still get the error.   Are there any other work around to free up the template for everyone to generate the report?  Also note this has only started to recently happen, tested it a couple weeks ago and it worked fine; it's probably because we are/were about to deploy it.

0 Kudos