can survey be linked to an existing layer in a map

05-08-2019 10:19 AM
AlanWheeler1
New Contributor III

I want to use survey123 to collect survey data from individual residences. I already have a layer with the residence details. From what I have seen of survey123 the location is collecteed by GPS. I want to link the survey to a oolygon that already exists. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alan,

There are a few ways that this can be done.  At what point (in the field during collection, at the office after collection) does the linkage need to be established?

0 Kudos
AlanWheeler1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I have a parcel layer that outlines a property boundry. Ideally I would like a field worker to be able to select the parcel they are in and open up the form that is linked to that parcel. otherwise if they just use GPS we will get a point within the parcel that is associated with the form but I willnot be able to see any of the other parcel data.

Thanks for your assistance

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alan,

There are a couple of possibilities.  

One way is to create a web map with the polygon layer and in the pop-up have a link that opens Survey123 with the parcel information.  Take a look at:

Once the URL in the pop-up is created, you can then use Explorer or Collector to view the properties, open the pop-up and fill out the form

Another method if this is mostly in an online context would be to use a beta feature (custom JavaScript functions) to do a point-in-poly query against the property feature service.  

AlanWheeler1
New Contributor III

Thanks James I will work through the info you sent.

0 Kudos