Can not find your location. Please check your browser to ensure that your location is shared.

Jump to solution
04-26-2022 01:09 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.  I have a Survey123 (created using Connect) in a Dashboard.  We are using ArcGIS Enterprise portal. I am using the 'pulldata' function to bring in latitude and longitude from a CSV file for fire hydrant locations.  When I test entering a fire hydrant, the selection list works fine, lat and long are retrieved, a location calculated and the pin is dropped on the map in the correct location, in the Connect app.  Same result when I use the Survey field application on my smartphone or on my laptop.  When I test entering a fire hydrant in the Survey in the Dashboard, I get the error I entered in the subject line of this post.  The behavior occurs regardless of the web browser I try.  I read a post from a couple of weeks ago (Solved: How to stop Survey123 to attempt to get user locat... - Esri Community), but I was unsuccessful in my attempts to follow the suggestions.  We have another similar Survey/Dashboard application, that uses pulldata in the same manner and it works fine (no browser error).  What are we missing?  Thanks in advance, Jay

JayHodny_0-1651003602394.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

OK , found/fixed the problems........I was using a reserved field, LONG for longitude, in Survey123 Connect and in the csv file.  I switched to point_y and point_x in my csv file, and in the XLSForm.  I also noticed mixed case or upper case in the field names in the csv file.  Made sure the field names in play were all lower case.  Apparently the field application is not affected by letter case or using a reserved field as we were able to plot locations.  However, accessing Survey123 in a Dashboard browser window is affected by case and reserved fields?  Grrrrr!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayHodny

OK , found/fixed the problems........I was using a reserved field, LONG for longitude, in Survey123 Connect and in the csv file.  I switched to point_y and point_x in my csv file, and in the XLSForm.  I also noticed mixed case or upper case in the field names in the csv file.  Made sure the field names in play were all lower case.  Apparently the field application is not affected by letter case or using a reserved field as we were able to plot locations.  However, accessing Survey123 in a Dashboard browser window is affected by case and reserved fields?  Grrrrr!

0 Kudos