Can GeoForm be converted to Survey 123?

Jump to solution
01-20-2021 01:19 AM
RachelBu
New Contributor II

Our team set up a form using GeoForm and has been using it for a while. Now we're thinking about using Survey 123 instead because it can work offline. I wonder if there is a way to convert our existing form from GeoForm to Survey 123. If so, what's the process? Or is it easier to start from scratch in Survey 123?

I appreciate your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Your GeoForm stores the data in a feature layer. Using the ArcGIS Survey123 Connect tool, you can create a new survey from that existing feature layer. You would still have to do some design modifications that would make the form look and and feel better though but, once the form has been published, this form can be accessed in either the Survey123 mobile app OR through the Survey123 web app. 

The documentation online is extensive and tutorials/exercises are available if you want to practice and learn how to best create, publish and manage your Survey123 form and data.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformessentials.htm

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Not aware of any possible conversion, but maybe I am wrong.

I would use Survey123 Connect to set up a new survey that will use the existing feature service used by the GeoForm

0 Kudos
RachelBu
New Contributor II

Oh, that's a bummer. I researched a bit about Survey 123 Desktop and Survey 123 Web. It seems like I can only link the existing feature service on the Desktop app, but not on Web. Do you think it's true?

0 Kudos
Alber_Verster
Esri Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Your GeoForm stores the data in a feature layer. Using the ArcGIS Survey123 Connect tool, you can create a new survey from that existing feature layer. You would still have to do some design modifications that would make the form look and and feel better though but, once the form has been published, this form can be accessed in either the Survey123 mobile app OR through the Survey123 web app. 

The documentation online is extensive and tutorials/exercises are available if you want to practice and learn how to best create, publish and manage your Survey123 form and data.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformessentials.htm

I hope this helps.

PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Yes,
you can only use the Survey123 Connect Desktop app to create a survey linked to an existing feature service.
Then, once created, the survey can be opened in any format (from Web or Mobile app).

Personal advice: it looks scary at first, but then, once you get familiar with it, you will see how many cool things you can do and you will not stop experimenting. 😊

But, if you want to keep it simple, it's just about a couple of tutorials you have to go through.