Autofill based on answers to multiple questions in survey

Jump to solution
04-27-2023 05:54 PM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I know I should be able to figure this one out, but I'm stumped.

I have a vegetation to fuel model crosswalk that has several columns of information that ultimate lead to a fuel model assignment. I have this as a CSV file.

I would like to have our field surveys be able to fill out a survey with the information in the columns presented as a question. Once each question is answered, the corresponding fuel model assignment should be calculated based on that CSV file.

My problem is, as far as I can tell, the pulldata function only works on one column of data at a time to do the matching. But I need several columns of data to match in order to arrive at the right fuel model assignment.

I've attached both my test form and the CSV file. Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Petronila

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If I remember right the way to do this is to make a key column in the csv that concatenates all the values you need to make the unique key.  Then do your lookups based on that new key.  An excel formula makes this pretty easy.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If I remember right the way to do this is to make a key column in the csv that concatenates all the values you need to make the unique key.  Then do your lookups based on that new key.  An excel formula makes this pretty easy.

Hope that helps

PetronilaMandeno

What an excellent idea! I was going to separate out the CSV into a bunch of smaller files, but that should work! I'll report back once I get a chance to test it out. Thanks!

PetronilaMandeno

By the way, just wanted to say that worked like a charm. Thanks again for the tip!