Autocomplete search with external csv and calculation functions

04-23-2021 06:52 AM
LisaDygert
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am building a Survey123 app using the autocomplete search option in the appearance field.  That works great, but I have some questions regarding how to set up calculations to work well with this set-up as well as how to potentially use an external csv file as the source of the autocomplete search.

Ideally, I would like to be able to have a csv file with a list of addresses that would also include names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.  If the user has never used the form previously, I would like to have their address and other info added to the external csv once the data is submitted.  Is this possible?

On a different autocomplete search function, regarding the calculations, because the autocomplete search works with the select_one question type, the ability allow users to select more than one requires repeats.  The issue there is that if I need to create a total cost for all of the selections made, I am struggling to get that to work.  When I use a calculation function of adding all of the fields with values (there is a separate field for each analyte where the value is 0 unless that analyte is selected, then the appropriate fee is used), it only includes the fee that was selected last, it isn't cumulative.  Is there a way to do that?  If so, how do I set of the calculation functions to do that?  

The xlsform I am working on is attached below.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lisa D.

0 Replies