ArcGIS Survey123-Public Survey Attachment Problem

11-05-2020 12:16 AM
maplover
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

My organization uses ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, which can be accessed through internet with web adaptor in dmz. We have lots of public surveys, most of which has attachment questions. In order to keep those layers secure, we made some settings but we realized a problem that if featue layer behind the survey does not have update capability, then attachment are not written to feature layer. As a security settings, we created a fieldworker layer and opened only editing capability, then changed submission url from Survey123 connect. Whenever update capability is not turned on, the problem occurs. We also have ArcGIS Online account, I tried the same process there, and It seems to work okay. 

What might cause the problem? 

Thank you so much.

4 Replies
Faris_RassoulliRizal_Wong
New Contributor II

I also have a similar problem. What I realize is, whenever the submitter is not logged in, then the attachments of the submitted survey will not be saved. If I log in, fill up the publicly shared survey & submit it, then the file that I attached to the survey does get saved into the hosted feature layer.

FYI, my organization also is using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8. What puzzles me is, that the hosting ArcGIS Server doesn't log any errors after a survey from an anonymous (not logged in) submitter has been submitted. So, I'd like to ask ESRI, what's wrong?

Has the problem been fixed in version 10.8.1 or 10.9? If it has, maybe we need to upgrade our platforms?

ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello map loverFaris Rassoulli Rizal Wong‌, 

This seems to be related to BUG-000126974 which should be resolved when ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 is released. 

Please use this GeoNet post for reference: https://community.esri.com/thread/261163-cant-view-signature-in-enterprise-1081 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
maplover
New Contributor II

Hello @ZacharySutherby ,

Fews days ago, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 is announced. However, the bug you mentioned is not in the issues list published with the 10.9 version. We want to make sure that the issue is resolved so that we can allocate resources to upgrade our portal.

The issues list : https://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/109-IssuesAddressedList.pdf

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @maplover

The public status of the defect has been marked as implemented. Please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support and they will be able to assist with confirming the defect resolution. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos