Anchor other at bottom of multiple choice question

03-23-2023 12:14 PM
ChristinaCroll
New Contributor II

I've created a Survey in Survey123 connect.  I have several questions that are multi-select with choice randomization but I need to anchor other at the bottom of each choice list.  I was able to do this when designing the form online but needed some advanced functionality that only Connect could provide so I had to switch.  The "other" choice anchoring did not persist.  The survey looks very goofy with other randomized in the choice list.

A similar question was asked in this post but at the time it was a known bug with no solution.  I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious but all my googling hasn't resulted in a solution. 

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChristinaCroll

As long as randomize=true isn't in the parameters column of the XLSForm the choices should display in the order they're in the choices worksheet. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
ChristinaCroll
New Contributor II

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately randomize is equal to true.  We need choice randomization to minimize response bias.  Is it not possible to have both choice randomization and anchor other at the bottom of the list?
Thanks!!
Christina

ChristinaCroll
New Contributor II

@ZacharySutherby 

Hi!!  Is it possible to anchor other at the bottom if randomize=true?  Will this ever be possible?  

Thanks!!

AnnaScholl
Occasional Contributor

Ugh same. So silly that it works with the web designer but not with Connect. 

0 Kudos