Select to view content in your preferred language

Analyze substituting %2525252525252520 for spaces?

Jump to solution
04-17-2023 12:42 PM
RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone seen this in Survey123's Analyze tool?

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.23.45 PM.png

This survey was built and collected using version 3.15. Things were fine until sometime recently when the team noticed the %2525252525252520 encoding for every space in every question in the survey. Survey has been updated to 3.17 but is currently closed. 

Has anyone seen and fixed this before? Browser is Chrome and Safari, latest versions.

Thanks!

Rob

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GIS_Fox
Regular Contributor

I've had this occur previously, usually republishing the server once every 6 months has been able to prevent this. We've had tickets/posts about this topic as have others at least since Survey123 version 3.15 and especially in 3.16. It is not limited to the Analyze tool usually for our organization when it happens, and switches between %2525252525252520 and some variation of %20 instead of spaces. If a simple republish with/or without changes does not remove the spaces becoming %25... then I would suggest opening a technical support ticket for organization or survey specific settings that ESRI support can look into. Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM

View solution in original post

RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

They reported back that republishing fixed it. Thanks for the assist!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GIS_Fox
Regular Contributor

I've had this occur previously, usually republishing the server once every 6 months has been able to prevent this. We've had tickets/posts about this topic as have others at least since Survey123 version 3.15 and especially in 3.16. It is not limited to the Analyze tool usually for our organization when it happens, and switches between %2525252525252520 and some variation of %20 instead of spaces. If a simple republish with/or without changes does not remove the spaces becoming %25... then I would suggest opening a technical support ticket for organization or survey specific settings that ESRI support can look into. Hope this helps,

Best regards,

RobStauder
Occasional Contributor

They reported back that republishing fixed it. Thanks for the assist!

GIS_Fox
Regular Contributor

Awesome, glad to be of some help! I've added republishing the services/Surveys no less than once every six months as a maintenance aid and haven't had these kinds of issues for about a year now I think. Hopefully it will stick for you or be addressed in a future release. So far 3.17 has been working well and hasn't had issues on newer or republished services/surveys as of this posting.

Cheers,

0 Kudos