An error occurred while generating reports Failed to print Map

Jump to solution
03-14-2022 12:35 PM
Iron_Mark
New Contributor III
Hi, 
I can't find a way to solve this issue. I republished this survey many times but no luck.
The first time that I created the survey I had this error, spent 3 hrs and the next day it fixed by itself apparently. After that I had to take multiple amendments to the survey and I wasn't able to generate the report for it anymore.
It gives this error both with a custom template and a default one.

An error occurred while generating reports. Hide details

An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${Observation_Points}. Error: Failed to print map: {"name":"request:server","message":"Error","details":{"url":"https://services6.arcgis.com/kjjvcdcJGTe/arcgis/rest/services/service_fa7ae8f9xxxxxxxxx/FeatureServe...","requestOptions":{"query":{"f":"json","returnExtentOnly":true,"returnCountOnly":true,"objectIds":"2","spatialRel":"esriSpatialRelIntersects"},"responseType":"json"},"ssl":false,"httpStatus":400,"messages":["This operation is not supported."],"raw":{"code":400,"message":"","details":["This operation is not supported."]}}}

Note that I changed the service url to post it.

Any help will be dramatically appreciated
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for posting your experience for a similar error.

In my case I found the solution for my error. Basically the error that Survey123 give us doesn't help the poor user that has to troubleshoot it. So, You have to dismantle The entire ship to find the towel under the furniture....

Anyway. I found out that when I tried to open the attribute table from the map it was saying failed to access data.

So I went on settings and the problem was that the "What editors can see" was set to "Editors can't see any features, even the ones they add" or something similar. I hat to switch to Editors can see everything.

I hope to save days of frustration to the people that will encounter this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I ran into a similar issue. I tracked it down to the fact that my organization is still using the ESRI raster basemaps instead of the ESRI vector basemaps. Blog post announcement

When I tried to generate a report that uses anything other than the basic syntax for a map it failed. 

${geopoint_1} - basic syntax - works

${geopoint_1 | mapSettings:"10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9":600} - fails

An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${geopoint_1 | mapSettings:"10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9":600}. Error: Failed to load web map: 10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9. Invalid portal item type 'Map Service', expected 'Web Map'.

I realized that the above map item ID was constant across all my test surveys AND also appears in the online help guide

After I found the above blog post, I used the item id for the vector topo and then it worked

${geopoint_1 | mapSettings:" 67372ff42cd145319639a99152b15bc3":100000}

Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for posting your experience for a similar error.

In my case I found the solution for my error. Basically the error that Survey123 give us doesn't help the poor user that has to troubleshoot it. So, You have to dismantle The entire ship to find the towel under the furniture....

Anyway. I found out that when I tried to open the attribute table from the map it was saying failed to access data.

So I went on settings and the problem was that the "What editors can see" was set to "Editors can't see any features, even the ones they add" or something similar. I hat to switch to Editors can see everything.

I hope to save days of frustration to the people that will encounter this problem.

0 Kudos