Add geopoint from text field in online survey

Jump to solution
12-20-2020 07:34 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

There are a lot of questions related to getting the address of a geopoint to populate a text field. Here are four of them:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-get-address-from-geopoint-field/m-p/...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/autofill-address-in-textbox-when-marker-is-...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/using-survey123-geopoint-to-automatically-f...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/pulldata-quot-geopoint-quot-location-quot-r...

But, they all seem to be referring to working with the field app. Even the main reverse geocoding blog everybody refers to is apparently working with the app. "Reverse geocoding can be performed in the field app by..."

This technical article very briefly mentions the pulldata based on an address method:
https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000019081

I'm working with an ArcGIS Survey 123 online form, and I can't seem to find direct reference to it and reverse geocoding. When I try pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode") in the calculation field all it does in the map is drop the list of geocoders down from the search bar.

xlsx.png

form.png

My goal is for the end-user to fill out an address in the text field and have the point appear on the map. It's to save a bit of frustration.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jared,

For end user to enter an address in a text filed and populate the point from the entered address on the map, we now have a beta feature to achieve this. This new feature is only available on survey123 beta web application with a geocode appearance.

Please check out the "Geocode appearance in the Survey123 web app" article from our EAC website and use the beta web form to test this feature.

You will see the entered address is matched to an address candidate and pull the lat and long value. You can then use the lat and long value to populate the geopoint using the calculation field concat(number(${latitude}),' ', number(${longitude})) and pass the calculation for a geopoint field.

View solution in original post

VincentTanniere
New Contributor III

It's works now:

type                         name                    appearance                   calculation

text                         ADRESSE               geocode                

geopoint                LOCATION                                                concat(number(pulldata("@json",${ADRESSE},"location.y"))," ",number(pulldata("@json",${ADRESSE},"location.x")))

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jared,

For end user to enter an address in a text filed and populate the point from the entered address on the map, we now have a beta feature to achieve this. This new feature is only available on survey123 beta web application with a geocode appearance.

Please check out the "Geocode appearance in the Survey123 web app" article from our EAC website and use the beta web form to test this feature.

You will see the entered address is matched to an address candidate and pull the lat and long value. You can then use the lat and long value to populate the geopoint using the calculation field concat(number(${latitude}),' ', number(${longitude})) and pass the calculation for a geopoint field.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is there a link to this article?

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

This is the link to the article, it will prompt the log in to our EAC site first though.

VincentTanniere
New Contributor III

Hello,

(sorry, my english is poor)

i am trying to do the same thing :

have an adress field, and then, calculate the geopoint automaticaly.

I want the end user to type an adress, and the point is locate without need to go on the map.

Is it now possible?

thank you.

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vincent,

This is currently a beta feature and here is the link to the article for details.

I am attching a sample of the XLSForm for you to check this feature. Using this form to publish from connect and open the webform, you should be able to enter the address and see the location on the map at the bottom of the form.

jedwards_pascocounty
New Contributor

Do you know when this will be out of beta?  It would be nice to have for Hurricane Season.  We use the Surveys to collect damage data, but non-mapcentric people usually forget to put the geopoint in the right place and we have to go back and geocode after the fact to clean it up.  Worked great in the beta though!

VincentTanniere
New Contributor III

It's works now:

type                         name                    appearance                   calculation

text                         ADRESSE               geocode                

geopoint                LOCATION                                                concat(number(pulldata("@json",${ADRESSE},"location.y"))," ",number(pulldata("@json",${ADRESSE},"location.x")))

Thank you