Add an attachment URL to excel through Microsoft power automate

Jump to solution
12-07-2020 12:27 PM
Troy_Schick
New Contributor

I would like to use MS Power Automate to add a row to an excel sheet. For one of the columns, I would like it to be a URL to the photo being submitted with the survey123. 

I get an URL in the Column I want, 

i.e., https://services7.arcgis.com/tubt9Ih1H7kFRyTR/arcgis/rest/services/service_63c950c9a339404193ff4ca8a...

But then I get a token error. How can I overcome this so I can get a clickable link to an image?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

If your layer is secured, your URL to the attachment will need a token. Since tokens expire, you may not want to add a token to your URL.  As an alternative what about using Power Automate to upload your attachments into OneDrive and then use a link to OneDrive?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

If your layer is secured, your URL to the attachment will need a token. Since tokens expire, you may not want to add a token to your URL.  As an alternative what about using Power Automate to upload your attachments into OneDrive and then use a link to OneDrive?

0 Kudos
SummerKoszti
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

Do you have a step by step guide on how to do this? 

I want to save the attachment or link to a SharePoint folder - and access it via a link in excel... 

(the examples are a different survey I have created in MS Forms - I would like to replicate for my surveys in Survey123)

eg. 

SummerKoszti_0-1616730991327.png

backend in excel:

SummerKoszti_1-1616731150761.png

backend in the SharePoint Folder - this is what the above link is linked to:

SummerKoszti_2-1616731254919.png

Any help would be super appreciated!

0 Kudos