Accessing data and analysis results with Survey123 outside the Web interface

Jump to solution
01-12-2021 07:52 AM
ttamba
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on a project to convert a field data collection form on road obstructions caused by construction work on public roads, carried out by an external consultant to Survey123.

However, one of the main challenges I face is creating this form in order to allow the end users, consisting of inspectors and managers, to be able to get a customizable interface for them to get the analysis results of the responses to the survey presented in the Survey123 Analysis tab.

Besides the print option, is there another way to access the analysis data outside of the Survey 123 web management interface?

In reality, my boss only wants customers to be given access to the Survey123 web interface, since he is going to have access with a viewer level license.

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @TahirTamba1  We are currently working on allowing you to work with dynamic lists. We will have a first pass with our 3.12 release, which we plan to make available shortly around the end of month or early March at the latest. In 3.12 you will be able to link your survey to a CSV item. In this way, all you will need to do is to update the CSV once in ArcGIS (by updating the item) and then the Survey123 apps will do the rest keeping the list up to date automatically.

For 3.13, our intent is to let you populate a list from a feature layer query.  Both of these approaches are described in the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website, where you can access documentation and software builds for our Beta.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TahirTamba1
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

Many thanks for this very relevant piece of information and ideas. Sure, after some thought, I came to the conclusion that a dashboard was the best option, combined with report generation to provide access to managers and support staff.

However, one of the challenges I face is that of allowing the field team manager to edit the list of field inspectors (field workers), because there are a lot of shifts in this team.

A question identifying the field workers allows you to select the name of each inspector in the form using an external choice list in csv format. This list must be accessible to the field team manager in order to be able to make the required modifications.

Since the list must be in the Media repository of the survey, my concern is figuring out how to share the csv file so that any changes made by managers can be reflected in the one in the media repository .

I am thinking, could implementing a scenario with Integromat help me? But I wonder where to start...

Best regards,

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @TahirTamba1  We are currently working on allowing you to work with dynamic lists. We will have a first pass with our 3.12 release, which we plan to make available shortly around the end of month or early March at the latest. In 3.12 you will be able to link your survey to a CSV item. In this way, all you will need to do is to update the CSV once in ArcGIS (by updating the item) and then the Survey123 apps will do the rest keeping the list up to date automatically.

For 3.13, our intent is to let you populate a list from a feature layer query.  Both of these approaches are described in the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website, where you can access documentation and software builds for our Beta.

ttamba
by
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

I can't wait to see these big improvements you are announcing for next month. In the meantime, I am trying to test with the Integromat solution to find an alternative.

Thank you Ismael and have a good weekend!

0 Kudos