Suppress Survey123 Form Submit Button

03-11-2019 07:41 PM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

We like the ability to create interactive and informative forms quickly using XLSForms and would like the ability to suppress the Submit Button on a survey123 form.  We just want to show some relevant information to an existing Survey, but don't want to clutter that survey form and may need to pass a piece of information from the survey via a URL or something like that but it is not necessary that it should do that. The ability to have an informational form without the submission URL link would be very useful to us. we don't want to clutter the survey or make it more complicated to the average user. But those who need special information we wanted to add a link to another form where the relevant details can be queried. We would like to have the ability to create informational forms that draw-out data from any dataset just like a survey123 form, but without having to submit results and only receive information from the form.

9 Comments
deleted-user-EpRzjYvkmULR

We currently have a tool to quickly obtain UTM coordinates for Cultural Resource survey requirements. This extra tool allows us to report lat/long in the form, but manually record UTM for reporting purposes. It would be useful to remove the submit button in this case as well.

TexasMike

Did you ever find a way to accomplish this?

jessneuner

We have a similar need for street closure permits.  If the applicant hasn't met certain requirements then we do not want them to be able to submit a response, therefore it would be helpful if we could disable the submit button in those cases.

JamesTedrick
Status changed to: Implemented

JamesTedrick

Hello @MaazaMekuria @jessneuner @TexasMike ,

This is now supported in the 3.13 release by using the submit keyword with the hide URL parameter (i.e., ?hide=submit).  Our documentation on this is lagging; it will be in the next doc update.

jessneuner

Awesome!  I will check it out -- thanks very much @JamesTedrick 

TobyStewart2

Hi @JamesTedrick 

Has this documentation been updated?

I have a select one yes_no for "Information consent" at the beginning of a survey and if no is selected the survey closes, however I would like to make the submit button unavailable?

Thanks

AaronPDXPaul

Hi @JamesTedrick 

Has this documentation been updated?

I have a field at the beginning of a survey and if no is selected the survey directs them to a contact, however I would like to make the submit button unavailable? Reason is they can still click Submit and it returns an error message that could confuse the user.

Thanks

MattJ
by

Is there a way to get the submit button to hide in Survey123 application? The hide URL parameter function is only operable in surveys designed online, not in the Survey123 application.