Save partially completed survey as favorite in Survey123

03-25-2018 06:53 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

It would be useful to be able to save a partially completed form as 'favorite answers'.

As an example, we have a form for building inspections after an earthquake/flood. The first part of the form is generally always the same for each user e.g. Name, ID, phone number etc. but the rest is variable.

It would be good if the user could fill out the fields which remain the same, and then set these as the 'Favorite Answer'. Then complete the rest of the survey. Then in the next survey, paste in the favorite answers and only have the fields populate that were filled in at the time the favorite answers were saved in the previous survey.

Currently, all the fields are pasted from the previous survey, even if they were filled out after setting the 'Favorite Answers'.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
DerekPeck

I swear i was able to do this not too long ago and it changed along the way. Here's my workflow to use the paste answers from Favorite.  Fill out the fields that will be repeated, set as favorites, and then hit the checkmark to complete the survey.  Rather than clicking "Send Now" click "Send Later."  Now when you "Collect" you can paste your partially completed survey.  Maybe this was how it was designed to work, but I totally agree with Malcom's comment.

erica_poisson

The method you've described only works if your survey has no required questions.

For example, I have a survey that is only completed in 3 separate locations. Each location has their own iPad, and the answer to the location question will always be the same for each iPad at each location. I want to save my pre-populated 'location' question as a favorite, and leave the rest (including required questions) blank. It's a bummer this can't be done.