Select to view content in your preferred language

S123 Form Save Button

07-11-2024 03:56 PM
KenBouchard
Regular Contributor

Please add a dedicated button to save your form during data collection.

Currently, in our workflow, we click the "X" button to access "Save to Draft" in case the app unexpectedly closes. (We've been burned by this several times, losing our repeats because we didn't save to draft).

There are 2 problems with doing it the way we do it now.

1- It's counterintuitive to access a save function by clicking on the "X" button of a window!

2- Because it's an "X" button, it closes the form and you have to reopen it to continue collecting data, which adds time to the inspections.

A specific save button, at the top of the screen, just to save to draft without closing the form would be fantastic!

4 Comments
RobertAnderson3

This would be a fantastic addition. I very much agree it's counter-intuitive to have to close out the form to save the draft, this seems like a relatively simple QoL improvement for field users for sure.

SteveOwens

I've felt that burn too.

abureaux

I have an idea open already for this (too lazt to grab link right now).

I also brought this up directly with devs at the recent Esri UC.

I don't expect any traction until S123 moves from Qt to .NET Maui though, unfortunately.

abureaux

Oh, and I also told them to change that "x" into a proper "menu" icon. It's just silly to be an "x". The number of times I try to help someone over Teams and tell them to "click the x in the top left" and they close S123 entirely with the windows "x" button is crazy.