Select to view content in your preferred language

Printing images or maps in a summary section

02-28-2022 08:37 AM
Labels (1)
AngelRomoSandoval
Regular Contributor

I would like to be able to printing images or maps in a summary section, something like this:

$<$summary>

${#SurveyName}${FotoAttachment}${/}

$</>

18 Comments
ZhifangWang

@SaWaRise,

Can you please share a screenshot of your previous report (with sample data)? Are signature pictures are included in a table? If not, you should be able to achieve the goal by using multiple individual reports instead.

SaWaRise

Yes the signature "pictures" are in the summary report.  It is the required format.

Survey123SummarySignatures.png

ZhifangWang

Thanks@SaWaRise for the screenshot, this helps us understand the requirement of your workflow.

AngelRomoSandoval

I find very worrying that this has not been again implemented. I feel that we can not trust on this software. Please, restore this option.

AngelRomoSandoval

is that again implemented?

ZhifangWang

@AngelRomoSandoval ,

No, this is still not available. When you print a summary report with a repeat that contains a map image or attachment info that needs download the binary, the following error message will show up: "Failed to parse <expression in italic> since printing a map/image or accessing attachment binary is not allowed when iterating records inside a summary section."

AngelRomoSandoval

Ok, thank you very much.

LMedeirosUI

@ZhifangWang Will this be addressed? The summary function allows people to group and collect data over time without having to scroll through multiple individual records. I use S123 to collect data on the same 100 individuals over the course of a year (or longer). Each individual is uniquely identified, but not sampled in the same order. I use the summary report to group the data by the unique ID and sort it by date. Many of the dates have attached images, which are crucial to my work of following morphological changes over time. The individual reports do not allow me to organize my data in such a way that is useful. Please bring back the ability to include images in summary reports.

If individual reports can be used in the manner I am describing, please let me know.