Select to view content in your preferred language

Option To Disable Group Collapse

10-04-2022 07:39 AM
Labels (2)
BigBry79
New Contributor II

Having the ability to disable collapsing a group in survey123 connect would be very beneficial for layout design. I have recently set up a survey using groups to format the layout as needed. I didn't want to use a grid style in this survey but still wanted to have some grid style formatting here and there. I was able to achieve the look and feel needed with this method. However, there are some groups in the survey that I do not want the user to be able to collapse. being able to have the option to make certain groups "un-collapsible" would open up so many stable design possibilities. 

5 Comments
BigBry79

Found out that not giving a group a label disables the ability to collapse that group.

abureaux

I can't recall a time in recent memory where I have looked at a Group or Repeat and haven't wanted this feature. I have found it is distracting and confusing for many users. There are times that I do like it, but not nearly enough to justify it being mandatory.

I have found another [limited] workaround. Set your group's appearance to Table-List, and the collapse button disappears. This is obviously very limiting if you have a select_one/select_multiple, but still useful at times.

NicholasDay

RE "...not giving a group a label disables the ability to collapse that group."

We were doing this and then discovered it caused issues in PowerAutomate with that system not recognizing the dynamic content.

Thanks @abureaux for the tip on Table-List, I may give that a try.

akochman

@BigBry79 you're the real MVP. Was looking around for this exact option. Thanks.

I learn so much more from the community than I do from Esri documentation/videos/blogs. This blog shows a lot of Survey123 options, but does not have screenshots associated to specific examples listed, very confusing.

AdamC1
by

@BigBry79 I cant believe that this is the a workable option! You are the real MVP.