Automatically focus the next or a specified question after radio selection

05-04-2022 05:55 PM
Labels (2)
AKitch
by
Occasional Contributor

After selecting a radio button I would like to see the ability to either have the next or a specific question/field automatically made the input focus via a setting in the xlsform. This would help speed up data entry and negate the extra press on the form to select the next question (which is annyoying during lots of fast entries in repeats). This ability would be useful for any question type but the radio button would be a good start.

My posted question regarding this had no answers and my search came up with nothing so I assume this is not currently possible.

This was my posted question:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/automatically-advance-to-next-field-after-r...

1 Comment
NeilMYoung

This would be incredibly helpful if we had this ability. I have been evaluating another field app for soil boring logging and not only does it focus to the next question, it opens the list. The ability to speed up the process of filling out longer more complex forms could really provide enhanced user experiences and increase adoption.