Add Support for info/help bubbles to describe questions & domains

07-24-2023 01:15 PM
Labels (3)
DevinJacobs_JGI
New Contributor III

Looking for the ability to incorporate info bubbles into Survey123 to help further describe questions or guide users to select the appropriate domain for select questions. Using notes and/or grouping options to display additional help text for questions are both inadequate solutions and most survey applications allow for hover-text or click-to-view help text icons. The submission form to submit this request even has one (attached screenshot). 

Within these help-text boxes, I'd like to be able to use html formatting so I can bold certain words, include line breaks, etc.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-07-24 140610.png 

2 Comments
DataOfficer

Have you taken a look at guidance_hint functionality? It's not perfect (e.g. limitations on the number of lines), but it is in a similar direction to what you are asking for.
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformessentials.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_5F128...

mattkramer

I would also be interested in this functionality. Not only would including a good amount of text in a pop-up be nice but embedding images in a pop up to show an example of what a certain answer to a select_multiple could look like would be very helpful.