Custom Roads SMP Aug 2020 (APAC) build issue

Jump to solution
09-21-2020 03:03 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've received the August 2020 Custom Roads SMP data to integrate our own roads/tracks with. As the whole Asia Pacific dataset is 108GB I exported out an extract of the file geodatabase for the particular area of interest, in our local coordinate system, into a new file geodatabase. I then created a Template from the APAC Network Dataset and then built a new Network Dataset from the APAC Network Dataset Template using the geoprocessing tools.

I tried to Build the network dataset and I'm running into errors. Everything points to needing the SMP extension StreetMap Premium licensing requirements—ArcGIS StreetMap Premium | Documentation but my organisation hasn't been provided this.

Is it possible to build a Network Dataset which isn't in the APAC Esri provided Geodatabase?

Is the SMP extension part of the cost of the Custom Roads SMP? Or is it not required for adding to Custom Roads SMP data?

Is the extension required to build the Network Dataset or what functionality does it enable?

Thanks

Vineet Sharma

Sarah Osborne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To answer my own question:

The SMP extension is definitely required but there's also a bug whereby the Network Dataset properties aren't viewable in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 BUG-000134473

From testing, and it could just be related to the bug, it appears impossible to carry out a network build on a subset of the data. This makes data management a bit of a pain as the fgdb for APAC alone is ~55GB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To answer my own question:

The SMP extension is definitely required but there's also a bug whereby the Network Dataset properties aren't viewable in ArcGIS Pro 2.6 BUG-000134473

From testing, and it could just be related to the bug, it appears impossible to carry out a network build on a subset of the data. This makes data management a bit of a pain as the fgdb for APAC alone is ~55GB.

0 Kudos