Web Map is not loading when adjusting map appearance in Story Map

Jump to solution
10-25-2023 05:49 PM
Labels (2)
zhenghan
New Contributor II

I have been working on a storymap item. Since this evening, none of the web maps were loading when I tried to edit the map frame although the layer items are showing up properly to the left. Does it occur to anyone else?

zhenghan_1-1698281201576.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@GlobalHEI - I'm sorry you are not currently able to edit your story. Please contact Esri Support so they can help you troubleshoot this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you to everyone who has reported this issue. We have determined the cause of the issue and have also found several workarounds. Please see this announcement for details:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Issue with some maps not loading - Esri Community

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
KalinDrennen
New Contributor

@OwenGeo - Thank you for the suggested workarounds; however I am unable to actually toggle off the legend of the maps within my StoryMap because any changes I make are unable to be saved. Cancel is my only option as "Place Map" option is grayed out.

KalinDrennen_0-1698427811157.png

I also tried disabling legend in each layer of the web map referenced and still am unable to load a map, even when all layers are visible.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KalinDrennen --  I see. I believe that you'll have to avoid the situation that causes the maps not to load while making your changes. You can do this by reloading the builder and going right to the first map you need to edit. If you need to adjust another map, you may need to reload the page again and go right to the next map and repeat this as needed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm just about to post a note to the community blog that we will be fixing this issue in a patch on Monday.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos