Select to view content in your preferred language

Storymap sharing error

02-24-2023 08:21 AM
xzhou
by
Emerging Contributor

I already shared the story map with the public, as well as all of the embedded maps. But once I logged out and opened the link, an error showed up saying "There was a problem accessing this story or this page. Please try again or contact your ArcGIS administrator."

I have to log in to see the map. But I can see the map well using my phone or iPad without signing in. Could you help me with the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @xzhou , I'm sorry you're experiencing this sharing issue. Could you send the story here so I could take a quick look and see if there are any underlying items that haven't been shared at the same level?

Thanks,

Abby

0 Kudos
xzhou
by
Emerging Contributor
Hi, thank you for you reply. I tried to add the link, but it always says
something’s wrong. This is the link:
https://arcg.is/1X5zrj.
0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Thanks @xzhou,

This is actually a known behavior. The good news is that I can view your content just fine with no errors. Additionally, if you are logged out of your account and view your story, you also won't get an error. It is an issue with caching when embedding content. To workaround this issue, you can either open the story in an incognito browser, clear your browser cache, or wait about an hour for the caching to clear for the issue to disappear.

This message will only display on your machine, and only until that cache expires. Others who are visiting your story for the first time, or have initially viewed it over an hour ago will see the story successfully with no hard refresh of the cache required.

Let me know if you have further questions on this!

Abby

0 Kudos
xzhou
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi Abby,

Great, I get it now. I really appreciate your help!

Zhou

0 Kudos