Select to view content in your preferred language

Storymap Not Saving - Says Saving but Never Saves

02-13-2024 09:45 AM
RyanWeichelt
New Contributor

I have been working on a storymap with no problems until the other day it would no longer save. I posted the picture below.  It just stays with "Saving. . ."  If I try to publish it will not publish due to errors, but I cannot eliminate the errors because it will not save.  I tried to duplicate, but had the same issue.  My other storymaps I have created work no problem.  I have opened this in numerous different browser.  Same issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

RyanWeichelt_0-1707846128308.png

4 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanWeichelt ,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this saving issue. Can you share what those errors are that are showing up when you are trying to publish? I want to see if they are related to the saving issue.

There is also a known issue with saving after pasting bulleted content from Google Docs into a story. Though it may not be appearing in the story now, I also wanted to check that you hadn't recently added Google Docs bulleted text via paste? Esri Community- Pasted bulleted text from Google Docs disappears 

Thanks for any information you can provide!

-Abby

0 Kudos
RyanWeichelt
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the information.  Nothing was pasted from Google Docs. There is a map, I am trying to delete that is not showing, and a photo that is not showing.  Again, I cannot delete anything to see if the errors are fixed because they will not save. 

RyanWeichelt_0-1707848324692.png

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Frequent Contributor

I would also be curious about this issue! It happens intermittently with our Story Maps projects as well, and I haven't been able to pinpoint a cause yet.

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanWeichelt & @SaraJL ,

I'm sorry you're having this publishing issue. I would recommend working with Esri Technical Support , as they can provide additional troubleshooting of your web traffic and which resources may not be successfully saving. @SaraJL , if your any of your stories that have seen this issue have already been published publicly, feel free to message me with the item ID or link to the story and I can see if there is any information I can discern from the published item details. 

--Abby

0 Kudos