Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps Place Map Button Disabled

Jump to solution
06-07-2023 08:21 AM
Blevins_Mark
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know why the place map button when inserting a wen map into a story map would become disabled/greyed out? Working in Enterprise 10.9, adding content to story map sidecar, everything was working fine...all of a sudden when i try to add a map, i select the map, the map shows up, but the place map button is disabled.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Blevins_Mark - The Place map button should enable after all map layers are loaded. It's possible there is a layer that either takes a long time to load or has an issue loading.

I'd suggest that you try opening the map in the map viewer to see if there are any errors reported there. If so, remove any problematic layers, then save the map, and try adding it to the story again.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Blevins_Mark - The Place map button should enable after all map layers are loaded. It's possible there is a layer that either takes a long time to load or has an issue loading.

I'd suggest that you try opening the map in the map viewer to see if there are any errors reported there. If so, remove any problematic layers, then save the map, and try adding it to the story again.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
Blevins_Mark
Frequent Contributor

@OwenGeo thank you, we did figure out that it was a layer that was just taking an eternity to draw. Once we fixed that layer all was well. Thanks.