Select to view content in your preferred language

Stories won't duplicate

Jump to solution
02-24-2023 07:02 AM
Labels (1)
CeliaClifford
New Contributor II

I can no longer duplicate StoryMaps (as I could before). I've tried doing so multiple browsers, and tried restarting both browsers and computer: no dice.

Specifically, when I click "duplicate," it goes to a screen that SAYS it's duplicating ... but that never actually happens. When I return to my projects, a new "Draft" copy has been made ... but when I click on it, it can't be opened. 

This problem began yesterday and persists today.

I'd be grateful to learn how to fix this! Many thanks for any insights (or accounts of similar experiences).

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We have identified the cause of this issue and the plan is to address it in a patch currently scheduled for Monday.

For now, if you need to duplicate a story, you can ask your organization admin to do this for you as admin accounts are not affected by this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CeliaClifford -- This issue has been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having trouble duplicating stories.

Owen Evans

CeliaClifford
New Contributor II

Thanks, Owen! I can duplicate again: hooray! 😀

0 Kudos
20 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CeliaClifford - Thanks for reporting this. We received one other report of this today, but so far we are not able to reproduce the issue ourselves.

Can you share your story publicly (from your ArcGIS content page) and send me the story ID so we can take a look? Is the story you are trying to duplicate your own story, or is it shared with you via a group?

Owen Evans
AleksandraPawelec
New Contributor

Could you have a look at my story @OwenGeo too please? The same issue with duplicating here. https://arcg.is/0Tu5qa0

Thank you in advance,

Aleksandra Pawelec

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@AleksandraPawelec -- We took a look at your story and don't see any reason it should present problems for duplication.

Can you share more information about the problem you are seeing? What steps are you following and what error do you encounter?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We have identified the cause of this issue and the plan is to address it in a patch currently scheduled for Monday.

For now, if you need to duplicate a story, you can ask your organization admin to do this for you as admin accounts are not affected by this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Owen Evans
CeliaClifford
New Contributor II

That's amazing: thanks so much! I really appreciate the interim solution and plan for a quick fix too. 🙂 

0 Kudos
RoatanMarineParkRMP
New Contributor

Hi Own Geo,

I have the same problem. We can't duplicate our story

https://arcg.is/0bifnT

0 Kudos
InstofMarineandEnvTech
New Contributor

Hi Owen, 

We are also having trouble duplicating our story. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RoatanMarineParkRMP@InstofMarineandEnvTech -- The issue mentioned elsewhere in this thread has been fixed, and we are not aware of any general issues with duplication at this time. I would recommend that you reach out to Esri Technical Support so they can help troubleshoot what is going on with your stories.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CeliaClifford
New Contributor II
Thanks for the quick reply OwenGeo!

The story I’m trying to duplicate is my own, yes. Duplicating worked earlier in the week, multiple times, so it’s a new problem.

Here’s a link to the story: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/b76b0f56a0864900b38f0005a5dd1740

This is the ID: b76b0f56a0864900b38f0005a5dd1740

I’m really grateful for your support: thank you!

Leah

Hi CeliaClifford,

OwenGeo (Esri Notable Contributor) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

@CeliaClifford- Thanks for reporting this. We received one other report of this today, but so far we are not able to reproduce the issue ourselves. Can you share your story publicly (from your ArcGIS content page) and send me the story ID? Is the story you are trying to duplicate your own story, or is it shared with you via a group?

*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ***
Reply | Accept as Solution<> | Give Kudos<>

0 Kudos