Select image "fit" in StoryMaps

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 08:01 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to be able to select the image "fit" in the new StoryMaps, similar to the way we were able to do so in Story Map Journal. I think this would be a nice addition to the "focal point" option that has been included. In some cases, there is a need to show the entire photo - e.g. if I have a photo of a historic map, I want the entire historic map to show up, not just the pieces that fall within the "focal" area.

Will this be possible in a future release?

Thanks!

Erica

Erica
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Erika -- We're working on this feature right now and it will be available in an upcoming release. 🙂

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Erika -- We're working on this feature right now and it will be available in an upcoming release. 🙂

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erica Tefft‌, 

In the August update to ArcGIS StoryMaps, any images uploaded in a sidecar have the ability to be "fit" or "fill"ed. We'd be happy to hear your thoughts or feedback! 

Thanks,

Aravind

LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

I can't seem to find this feature for images in StoryMaps.  The only options I'm given for images in a sidecar are to move it with the drag tab or to add alternative text.  Is there something else I need to do in order to change the fit?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Leif -- It's in the image properties for the media panel image.

Owen Evans
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

Ok, thanks Owen.  I thought Aravind was referring to the images in the scrolling section of the sidecar, not the main image.  Sorry for the confusion.

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Aravind,

This is perfect - exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for letting me know this was added.

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos