Replicating Side Accordion Layout from Classic Story Maps

Jump to solution
05-17-2021 10:25 AM
BARI
by
New Contributor

Hello. My organization is in the process of setting up public mapping portal that is currently set up as a Hub containing links to StoryMaps. Ideally, we would like to have a side panel with tabs that can be clicked to open up a map and accompanying text. The "Side Accordion" layout (https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=ef703d9454bb4e4e8a9c1b086b5b66b5) seems to be what we are looking for, but I am having trouble figuring out how to implement something like this in the new version of StoryMaps. Any guidance on setting something like that up would be greatly appreciated. 

Best,

Riley 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BARI -- There isn't anything analogous to the side accordion layout of the classic Series template in ArcGIS StoryMaps at this time. This was the least frequently used layout of Map Series, so we haven't yet prioritized it for inclusion in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

You may be able to replicate this layout using Hub, Experience Builder, or another ArcGIS app template, but I'm not sure of which option might get closest to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in seeing this in ArcGIS StoryMaps, please consider posting your suggestion on the StoryMaps ideas board here on Esri Community so others can upvote and comment on it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BARI -- There isn't anything analogous to the side accordion layout of the classic Series template in ArcGIS StoryMaps at this time. This was the least frequently used layout of Map Series, so we haven't yet prioritized it for inclusion in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

You may be able to replicate this layout using Hub, Experience Builder, or another ArcGIS app template, but I'm not sure of which option might get closest to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in seeing this in ArcGIS StoryMaps, please consider posting your suggestion on the StoryMaps ideas board here on Esri Community so others can upvote and comment on it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps