Raster layer not appearing in story

Jump to solution
06-10-2020 04:49 AM
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

From Liubomyr Oliinyk via ArcGIS blog:

Thank you for the new features. I have some trouble with displaying historical maps in storymaps.
Here is the example of the layer with the historical map from 1925 (https://lviv-center.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=b5059935e9c34c91a38a0461f0934518). It is visible if the map is open through the Map Viewer.

Once I try to add it to a storymap via map or swipe feature, all layers but a historical map appear:
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/7a1cd176464f4edd9e5dc81a0cc87786
This layer is not hidden. Nonetheless, it is not visible in the storymap. I tried this with various maps. The problem remains the same.

Would you have any ideas about what was done wrong? I would really appreciate your help. As we work mostly with historical content it is very important for us.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Liubomyr Oliinyk‌ -- Actually, I looked into this more and it appears this may be a CORS/security related issue with the server that tile layer is coming from. That server does not have an Access-Control-Allow-Origin header on the requested resource. This needs to be updated on the server to allow its services to be viewed on other domains like storymaps.arcgis.com. See Access-Control-Allow-Origin - HTTP | MDN .

Owen Evans

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- I’m sorry you are having an issue displaying one of your layers. ArcGIS StoryMaps uses the 4.x version of the JavaScript API, which is Esri's technology for building web maps and apps. It looks like this layer type is not yet supported by the 4.x API yet.

Until it is, you can embed your map in one of the configurable apps that uses the 3.x JSAPI like the basic viewer and embed that app in your story.

Owen Evans
Lvivcenter
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Liubomyr Oliinyk‌ -- Actually, I looked into this more and it appears this may be a CORS/security related issue with the server that tile layer is coming from. That server does not have an Access-Control-Allow-Origin header on the requested resource. This needs to be updated on the server to allow its services to be viewed on other domains like storymaps.arcgis.com. See Access-Control-Allow-Origin - HTTP | MDN .

Owen Evans
Lvivcenter
New Contributor III

yes, it was the actual reason! now it's fixed! thank you!