Problem reading embedded StoryMap on Phone

Jump to solution
07-17-2019 11:41 AM
DianeMastalir1
New Contributor II

I am trying to embed an ArcGIS StoryMap in a website and get a message on my phone that "www.arcgis.com refused to connect".  Since one of the big selling points of this format is that it is phone ready, I'm going to have a hard time selling it to our web developers if we can't read it on phones within our website. I know that you couldn't embed in beta, but is there still a problem or am I doing something wrong? The StoryMap is visible on my phone (Android) from the ESRI website. It is also visible on the web page. Just not on my phone when embedded in the web page. 

Here is the text I'm using: <iframe width="100%" height="600 px" title="Proposition 1 StoryMap" src="//storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/f04461117c664267ae6a6cbf5fb17d92"></iframe>

I've also tried it with https:in front of the //. 

Thanks.

Diane

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Diane -- Sorry you are running into an issue embedding a story in a web page. Your story prompts me for a login, so it appears it isn't shared with everyone. Only stories that are publicly accessible can be embedded.

Please publish the story and choose Everyone as the audience, or if the story is already published, go to the ... menu in the header, click on Sharing settings, and change that to Everyone.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Diane -- Sorry you are running into an issue embedding a story in a web page. Your story prompts me for a login, so it appears it isn't shared with everyone. Only stories that are publicly accessible can be embedded.

Please publish the story and choose Everyone as the audience, or if the story is already published, go to the ... menu in the header, click on Sharing settings, and change that to Everyone.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DianeMastalir1
New Contributor II

Thank you. I tested it and it worked. I can’t make it completely public quite yet, but I think that as long as I can explain that to our web developers I’ll be okay. And by the way…. You may want to put a section on embedding/sharing in the FAQ. I searched and searched for an answer to this problem and it’s such a simple problem. I’m sure that the information is somewhere – but it’s not easy to find. Thanks, again!

Diane

(916) 657-4436

diane.mastalir@wildlife.ca.gov<mailto:diane.mastalir@wildlife.ca.gov>

0 Kudos