Please tell me I did not lose my story - cannot access it

Jump to solution
03-08-2022 09:02 AM
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

I was editing my story and trying to add an image-- crash and now this.....am I SOL? Please say no!

TPB_COGGIS_Team_0-1646758964331.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Thanks for following up. Yes, after almost a month I received an updated json file to replace in my story-- apparently something got corrupted along the way. It was nice to fix it but in the meantime  could not wait a month so I redid my whole story. 
There was no other explanation give and I am a little worried something like this can happen in the future. But my analyst was awesome with keeping me up to date with the progress of the request. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm glad to hear that your analyst was helpful and you got a resolution to your case.

We had a very small number of stories that experienced an issue like this over the last several months. With the help of Esri Support, we looked into all of them to research the cause. Based on that work, we recently made some changes that will reduce the likelihood that something like this happening again. I don't believe we have received any reports of this issue since making those changes, but we are keeping an eye on things to make sure.

I hope you feel confident enough in ArcGIS StoryMaps to continue using it.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

I see others have had this problem and I will contact support......but it will be very disappointing if I have to create this all over again

0 Kudos
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Should refresh to last save/publish in the event of a crash. I would open a ticket with ESRI Technical Support however in case this is a bug you've encountered. Have you tried opening it up again since your crash?

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply-- the story and the copy I made are not accessible. Opened a ticket with support- they are looking at the json. I am not confident I will be able to salvage the work. 

This morning I received notice of a bug associated with my case - #BUG-000147406 Large StoryMaps become unresponsive when editing starting on 2/23/22.

My Story Map is not large by any means. The status says this has been fixed in 'MAr 2022' and implemented in a future release of the software.....but that does not tell me anything in regard to my current situation as the story is still not available . Hoping to hear more and get good news later .

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@TPB_COGGIS_Team - Has Esri Support followed up with you about your case?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
TPB_COGGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Thanks for following up. Yes, after almost a month I received an updated json file to replace in my story-- apparently something got corrupted along the way. It was nice to fix it but in the meantime  could not wait a month so I redid my whole story. 
There was no other explanation give and I am a little worried something like this can happen in the future. But my analyst was awesome with keeping me up to date with the progress of the request. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm glad to hear that your analyst was helpful and you got a resolution to your case.

We had a very small number of stories that experienced an issue like this over the last several months. With the help of Esri Support, we looked into all of them to research the cause. Based on that work, we recently made some changes that will reduce the likelihood that something like this happening again. I don't believe we have received any reports of this issue since making those changes, but we are keeping an eye on things to make sure.

I hope you feel confident enough in ArcGIS StoryMaps to continue using it.

Owen Evans