Need to Hide Autoplay Controls

03-19-2024 10:03 PM
Labels (2)
KB66Coupe
New Contributor

It appears that when focus is within the region of the Autoplay Controls box, it will remain "visible". When I use a touchscreen to change any settings in the Autoplay Controls Box (return to top, pause/play, or change speed)- the focus remains on the button and therefore the controls box remains visible. If I touch somewhere outside the region of the autoplay controls box, autoplay pauses again and the controls box will time-out and return to hidden. However, the story is not autoplaying. Press Play again, focus remains within the region and therefore the autoplay controls box remains visible.  -  Vicious cycle.

When using a mouse, the controls can be used and the focus shifted away and the controls box soon is hidden. All is well with a mouse but challenging with a touchscreen.

Is there a way to make the Autoplay controls box change to "hidden" after any use regardless of focus?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KB66Coupe , I'm sorry you're experiencing this. From first testing, I'm not seeing a way to hide that autoplay bar once you've changed any autoplay settings. I will say I was able to see the bar disappear after first turning the autoplay on from the story settings, but that's not with any changes to the playback speed or pausing/playing the autoplay.

This could be a suitable enhancement request, if you want to post to the ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas page to garner support for this change in the feature.

--Abby

0 Kudos