Select to view content in your preferred language

Image Gallery in StoryMaps

Thursday
Labels (3)
InformationResources1
New Contributor III

I'm working on a StoryMaps project and am looking to enhance user navigation within the story. Specifically, I'm inquiring whether it's possible to link an image in the image gallery to a particular section within a Sidecar. The goal is for readers to click on an image in the gallery and be directed to a specific section of the Sidecar.

Currently, I have managed to achieve the following:

• I have several images in the Image gallery section. The Image options includes a feature (Image link) which allows each image to be linked to a specific URL.
  • In the Image link I have included the section link retrieved from the header of the Sidecar; i.e. each image in my gallery is linked to a specific section of the Sidecar.
  • Upon clicking on the image, a new tab opens for the readers, directing them to the specific section of the Sidecar.

To improve user experience, is it possible to replicate such steps without the need to open a new tab for the reader? That is, upon clicking on the image, the reader is directed to the related section of the sidecar within the same tab.

Any guidance, tips, or examples would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies