iFrame will not Embed in Story Map

Jump to solution
04-15-2020 10:40 AM
ChristosPolitis
New Contributor

I'm trying to include an externally hosted Leaflet map into a story map using the embed iframe option.

https://www.p5hq.com/leaflet/index_deaths.html 

It flashes into the frame for a few seconds, but then converts it into a card. There was an error message "website doesn't support inline embedding", but I'm using the same external source in an ArcGIS Hub page as an iframe successfully.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christos,

It looks like there is a TLS certificate error when embedding the link that you have provided. The certificate to the where the web server is hosted (p5hq.com) is not the same common name that the GoDaddy certificate is assigned to (.gridserver.com).

We require that all links to images, videos and external content be HTTPS compliant and the certificate is valid for our iframes to show up securely. 

Hope that helps,

Aravind

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christos,

It looks like there is a TLS certificate error when embedding the link that you have provided. The certificate to the where the web server is hosted (p5hq.com) is not the same common name that the GoDaddy certificate is assigned to (.gridserver.com).

We require that all links to images, videos and external content be HTTPS compliant and the certificate is valid for our iframes to show up securely. 

Hope that helps,

Aravind

ChristosPolitis
New Contributor

Thanks Aravind. Can you direct me on how to remedy this? I'm not familiar with how certificates work.

I've put in a support ticket to my server host (Media Temple, where gridserver resides).

Christos

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

I'm not a subject matter expert on certificates, so i'm not able to comment on how to resolve the certificate error but here's a good knowledge article on how they work: What is SSL, TLS and HTTPS? | DigiCert & Symantec . 

While you wait for the support ticket to resolve with your server host, you could alternatively choose to host the html app on other free alternatives (like Github pages, Netlify, etc.) which have a valid SSL certificate that will allow you to embed into our stories.

Let me know if this helps,

Aravind

0 Kudos