Select to view content in your preferred language

How to stop autorotating photos

04-14-2023 07:56 AM
Labels (3)
ACICACIC
New Contributor II

Hello community members:)

I'm having an issue where I am uploading photos to a swipe, slideshow, or just as an image and it will be rotated 90 degrees. I have tried rotating the photo in my laptop and then reuploading it but that hasn't worked. Does anyone know how I can go about making sure photos are oriented correctly?

Thanks for all of your help,

Kate

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ACICACIC

This is actually an issue with the way image orientation is universally stored. We had a feed discussing some potential workarounds that can be done outside the app here, but our in-app solution for this is using the image editor to rotate the image:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.26.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.22.30 PM.png

Let me know if saving your rotation made in the image editor is not working for you, or if you aren't seeing the image editor option. Note that if you are using a Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise prior to version 11.1, you won't have access to the image editor (feature comparison chart here).

--Abby

ACICACIC
New Contributor II

Thanks for the info, Abby! I don't think I'll be able to use that in app solution - the button is greyed out and it says image editing isn't available for public accounts?

The out of app solutions seem rather hit or miss but I'll work my way through that thread in case something there can work for me.

Please do let me know if you have any other suggestions:)