Publishing failure

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 12:20 PM
Labels (1)
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

I recently updated a story that was working fine by changing a map. When I try to publish the story with the new map, it says "Some of your story could not be checked for issues" and "There was a problem publishing your story" . Now the story is published but I see gray screens where I should see my new maps. The sharing is set to public. Out of ideas.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

Nvm, story is now deleted. No matter the map I added, it would never work (be it web map or express). I think supressing the first map while it was still used in the story somehow corrupted the story. I redid it from scratch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

Edit: Sharing is set to public on both story & map

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @geomatique_devvs,

I'm sorry you're seeing issues with this story. Could you send over a link to this story so we can try and see what you're seeing?

--Abby

0 Kudos
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

Sure, here goes!

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/f664dc1e367e44ceabcac9517eb4c273

I have a couple slides using the same map (which does not appear) near the end of the story.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

Nvm, story is now deleted. No matter the map I added, it would never work (be it web map or express). I think supressing the first map while it was still used in the story somehow corrupted the story. I redid it from scratch.

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

@geomatique_devvs I'm sorry you had to recreate the story. I was able to take a look before it was gone, and was also seeing the blank maps at the bottom. It is interesting that it was both web maps and express maps that weren't functioning. I wasn't seeing any errors within the web traffic of the page, either.

In your new story, are you able to see the same web maps successfully, or did you need to recreate those from scratch as well?

--Abby

0 Kudos
geomatique_devvs
New Contributor II

The maps that weren't shown initially in the first story are showing up without any problem in the second story! Thanks for looking into it.