Heading links

02-25-2022 05:47 AM
VictoriaBoelman
New Contributor II

I have created a guided tour and I want to be able to use the hyperlink button function to link through to a specific section of the story later on.

This video suggests it is possible: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-storymaps/constituent-engagement/storymaps-heading-...

But when I hover over my headings, no links appear. How can I enable this functionality?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Are you viewing the published version of your story map? The link icon only shows when you are viewing the published version. Not whilst editing a story.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@VictoriaBoelman -- Please also be aware that the titles of map tour places and slideshow narrative panels are not currently linkable. This is noted at the end of the second paragraph of the blog you linked to.

If you are interested in seeing this added to ArcGIS StoryMaps in the future, please upvote for this idea: Ability to link to a specific location/slide in Ma... - Esri Community. If would also be helpful to add some details about how you would like to use this feature so we can better understand your needs.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
VictoriaBoelman
New Contributor II

Thank you both. I have now managed to get my link! But when I add it to the button within the guided tour it operates as just opening a new browser page and going straight to the top of the story. What I actually want it to do is to operate like the navigation bar at the top of the story and just jump down the page to that section. Is this possible do you know?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@VictoriaBoelman -- Hmm, it's working as expected when I use a button to link within a story. Are you adding the link to the button label or to the hyperlink field? Make sure you add it to the hyperlink field.

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 10.29.44 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos