Embedding Option for New Storymaps

Jump to solution
07-28-2020 07:41 AM
JonathanMitchell1
New Contributor

I love the new storymaps interface. Will it be possible to embed the results? I'd love to use them within my Drupal website, adding the organization's branding and navigation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jonathan -- Of course! You can use a story's link to embed it in a web page or blog.

In an update coming later this week we'll be adding an option to grab some preconfigured embed code for a story, but that's not needed; embedding works today.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jonathan -- Of course! You can use a story's link to embed it in a web page or blog.

In an update coming later this week we'll be adding an option to grab some preconfigured embed code for a story, but that's not needed; embedding works today.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JonathanMitchell1
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately, adding the URL, as-is, won't work in the Drupal CMS. I need the embed code to which you referred. Glad you're working on that!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jonathan -- There won't be much that's magical about the embed code we will provide; you can create your own. Just use the story link as the "src" attribute in an iframe, like this:

<iframe src="https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/MYSTORYID"></iframe>

You can also set the frame size and other behaviors using other parameters supported in an iframe, but those are largely optional.

Otherwise, the Embed the story option should be available for you tomorrow in the header menu (the "..." menu) of any story shared with Everyone.

Owen Evans
JonathanMitchell1
New Contributor

Thanks. That works, though not perfectly. I'll keep tweaking...

I'm excited to try the embed feature tomorrow. One more question: I saw the advice not to deploy the new-style storymaps to a wide audience since you all are still building. Does that advice still stand?

0 Kudos