Embed Story Map in Dashboard/WebApp

05-05-2020 09:55 AM
SFM_TravisBott
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to figure out how to embed story maps into either a web app or a dashboard. There are plenty of resources about embedding story maps within story maps - this is not what I am looking for. 

Generally, I would like to create a web app or a dashboard to aggregate the many projects my organization is working on. However, I would like the option to highlight some of those projects with a story map. Is this possible, to make it so a a point on the map serves as a link to a unique story map?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Here are some ideas that might help:

• Build a story map with a guided tour showing the locations of each project. At the end of the description of each project, include a link to open the story map about that project.
  • Create a collection of all the stories you want to highlight (will be a single link to share, but doesn't have a geographic component)
  • Build a web map with pop-ups that have information about each project (including a link) and add that map to a story map or other ArcGIS app (like the Minimalist configurable app or Experience Builder).
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos