Select to view content in your preferred language

Color shifting between web map and Storymap

Jump to solution
11-29-2022 03:18 AM
PetronellaHauptmann1
New Contributor II

I have a problem with colors in my Storymap. When I add a map to my storymap the colors are faded and darker than when I create the web map. I've attached two pictures - one shows how the map looks like when I create it and the other picture shows how the map looks like in a storymap. Any ideas how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PetronellaHauptmann1 -- Looks like this is an issue with a component technology of ArcGIS Online that was previously identified and fixed in a recent patch. We plan to update ArcGIS StoryMaps to the latest version of this component tomorrow evening, so after that the map will look the same in the map viewer and in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Please check again on Thursday morning and the issue should be resolved.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PetronellaHauptmann1 - That's certainly not expected, and I'm sorry you have run into this issue. Can you please share links for the web map and story so we can take a look?

If you're not able to share these items publicly, please contact Esri Support and they will be able to help troubleshoot.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
PetronellaHauptmann1
New Contributor II

Hi Owen.

Here are the links as you requested.

Storymap: Riksintresse (arcgis.com)

Web map: https://arcg.is/18z9Hu

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PetronellaHauptmann1 -- Looks like this is an issue with a component technology of ArcGIS Online that was previously identified and fixed in a recent patch. We plan to update ArcGIS StoryMaps to the latest version of this component tomorrow evening, so after that the map will look the same in the map viewer and in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Please check again on Thursday morning and the issue should be resolved.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos