Changing the logo URL in a story header

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 11:04 AM
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III

The department wants to change the URL for the logo in the header of the Cascade Story Map I made them. I can't find how to get to it! I'm in edit mode and go to edit, but there's no option. I am using a custom theme. See the image:

NancyLRoss_1-1624989768252.png

Story Map link: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/76537e16e1a94f0095114dfed626aed4 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @NancyLRoss -- That's not a classic Cascade, that's a story created with the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. 🙂

The logo (and it's link and alt text) comes from the theme, so just open up your "GRADE" theme in theme builder and you can change it there.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III

Thank you! I'm so used to working with my AGOL account I sometimes forget to go straight to the my Story Maps site. Bookmarked & lesson learned. By making 1 change all 14 interrelated sites are all fixed! Day made!!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @NancyLRoss -- That's not a classic Cascade, that's a story created with the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. 🙂

The logo (and it's link and alt text) comes from the theme, so just open up your "GRADE" theme in theme builder and you can change it there.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III
How do I get to the theme builder? Either I'm blanking (a likely scenario!) or my button is missing. Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owen! If I'm working on a story map and using an existing custom theme, but want to use a different logo just for this one story map, looks like I'll need to create copy of the existing theme and change the logo in that new copy of the theme - is that right? (I want the theme to stay the same otherwise - I just need to use a different logo)

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@LindsayWithers1 - Yes, that's correct! You can easily duplicate a theme in theme builder from the ... menu in the header.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 8.21.15 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

Okay will do. It would be nice to be able to override just the logo when using a theme, so we don't have a separate theme for just a logo change (our master theme just has our logo, but in some story maps we'll add partners' logos to ours, even though we're using our master theme). Is that on the roadmap for story maps or should add that as an "idea"?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Themes are here (see below), and clicking on one of the theme cards will open it in theme builder.

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 2.22.08 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III

Thank you! I'm so used to working with my AGOL account I sometimes forget to go straight to the my Story Maps site. Bookmarked & lesson learned. By making 1 change all 14 interrelated sites are all fixed! Day made!!