Select to view content in your preferred language

How to remove H4 heading tags from the storymap footer

10-05-2023 05:02 AM
Labels (2)
FelixOdhiambo
New Contributor

I wan to remove h4 headings on the footer of my storymap. I added the headings and later deleted the text only for the h4 tags to remain. They look ugly and occuppies tremendous space on the footer section.Screenshot (92).png I have tried to remove the tag without success. I hope the sreenshot shared will help you better understand what I'm trying to say. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@FelixOdhiambo - I'm sorry you are having an issue removing text from your story. Can you describe the problem in a bit more detail? If you highlight the text and press delete, does that not remove it? I'm confused as to why there is so much space between the different lines of text you show in your screenshot.

If you leave that area blank, it will simply not show in your published story. You'll know it's blank when you see the placeholder that says "Add a credits heading (optional)" similar to where you see the same message for the credits description.

If for some reason you are unable to delete the text in the normal way using the mouse/keyboard, I would suggest contacting Esri Support so they can help troubleshoot what is going on because that is not an issue we have seen before or can reproduce.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
FelixOdhiambo
New Contributor

Yes,it doesn't remove when I highlight the text and press delete. Everytime I do that, the texts that occuppied the space is what is deleted but not the placeholder which says: "Add a credits heading (optional)" . Yes, when I leave that area blank, it shows in my published story - a vast space is left where the placeholders are.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@FelixOdhiambo - Can you provide a screenshot of the published story showing the extra space and share the link to the story so we can take a look? (Please make sure it is shared publicly or else we won't be able to access it.) The expected behavior is if you see those placeholders in the credits section that space should be removed from the story.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
FelixOdhiambo
New Contributor
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@FelixOdhiambo -- We've looked into this and it appears somehow this story got into an odd state that you will be unable to fix yourself with the builder. Please open an incident with Esri Support. We will contact our support team about this issue, and they will be able to help you remove this space from your story and get the credits section back to normal.

We are also looking into how this happened so we can address the root cause. Are you able to provide any information about what happened before the story got into this state? Did you copy some text into that area from a different source or try some specific formatting? If you remember any of these details and could provide them here that would be very helpful because so far we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
FelixOdhiambo
New Contributor

The issue started when I copied and pasted my draft word document that I had prepared. I later deleted the text but the place holders remained. About Esri Support, I tried to reach them but was told only the admin is allowed to send the an enquiry. I am a student and getting the admin to send an enquiry on my behalf is a tall order at the moment. I will really appreciate if they can get in touch with me here or through my email: omollof418@gmail.com. Thank you. PS: This is a storymap for Esri's Storymap Competition and time is of the essence.

0 Kudos