Select to view content in your preferred language

How to add Table with 30 rows in story map?

Jump to solution
06-01-2023 12:22 AM
Labels (2)
Ankitkhanna
New Contributor III

Is there a way to add table with few columns and rows to story map.

It could be something easy, but I can't find anything on Storymaps to achieve this.

Column Header 1Column Header 2Column Header 3
Row 1 - value aRow 1 - value bRow 1 - value c
Row 2 - value aRow 2 - value b

Row 2 - value c

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ankitkhanna,

A table feature allowing you to create tables within the story builder is currently in the works, and should be coming to StoryMaps soon! For now, your best option to add in a table would be to include a high quality image of a screenshotted table built outside of StoryMaps.

I'd also recommend checking out this post from @OwenGeo on the ability to embed tables in your story, which may be preferable if your table will be reflecting live or frequently edited data.

--Abby

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ankitkhanna,

A table feature allowing you to create tables within the story builder is currently in the works, and should be coming to StoryMaps soon! For now, your best option to add in a table would be to include a high quality image of a screenshotted table built outside of StoryMaps.

I'd also recommend checking out this post from @OwenGeo on the ability to embed tables in your story, which may be preferable if your table will be reflecting live or frequently edited data.

--Abby

Ankitkhanna
New Contributor III

Hi @AbbyE_Esri 
I am afraid the proposed solution won't work for me. As per organisation policies, can't share spreadsheets out to public.

Moreover Google sheets are not allowed to be used.

I can see it's a feature on storymaps development roadmap, will look forward to the release of these feature.

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

Hello @AbbyE_Esri 

The beta Table tool is very limited and does not print well. It prints extremely poorly. So does any embedded google document or experience builder table. We need to be able to provide StoryMaps that are easily accessed and saved by our users, and the print functionality is key. Look at the below image, the first table is the StoryMaps Beta Table tool, the second table is an embedded Google Doc, and the third table is an embedded Experience Builder table (don't get me started on EB not honoring number formatting in the original data layer....). None of these print well. I hope that when the Table widget in StoryMaps is made official, it will take this into consideration.

It is blurry because of how I had to take the screenshot, but you can see that the Table Widget did not dynamically adjust it's size for the print, and the google doc and experience builder table embeds did not either so they are only showing a few columns total.

KaraUtter2_0-1697226636962.png

0 Kudos