Select to view content in your preferred language

Broken - Inserted Map Background Colour Issues

Jump to solution
10-27-2023 08:15 PM
Labels (3)
JonathanMcD
Occasional Contributor

I use the Destination Atop blend option to highlight key areas in some of my maps, this is really effective at focussing the user in a story. As of the latest update, regardless of the background setting within a map, StoryMaps is not "accepting" the setting. For example, all my maps are set to have a white background, however, when placed into a StoryMap (as of latest update) the background is shown as grey. The maps, in map viewer, display as expected.

This issue has also cascaded through previously created maps within StoryMaps - most of these stories are published publicly so this directly affects the intended user experience.

I do use custom designed Themes, but these are very simple black on white themes with org logo and colour divides.

The following, as an example, was perfectly white a couple of days ago - and now, without editing - it's changed. (btw - this behaviour can also be seen in Portal 11.0)

JonathanMcD_0-1698462909426.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue was addressed on Nov 8, 2023. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with the map background color in your story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanMcD
Occasional Contributor

Update - happening in Instant Apps too, same results as above. For reference, this is Map View acting as expected.

JonathanMcD_0-1698483494771.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are look into it and will share an update here when we have more information.

Are the maps and/or stories you mentioned above shared publicly? If so if you could provide the links/IDs those would be helpful for our troubleshooting efforts.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JonathanMcD - We figured out what caused this issue and how to address it. We'll deploy the fix for this Wednesday evening in our next update, so things should be back to looking the way they were on Thursday morning.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue was addressed on Nov 8, 2023. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with the map background color in your story.

Owen Evans