Audio Files in StoryMaps Displaying Incorrectly

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 01:22 PM
OliviaMendelson
New Contributor

I find that when I upload audio files in StoryMaps the duration for the audio clip that is shown once it is published is incorrect. I recently uploaded a wav audio file that is 01:34 and when I published it the duration shown next to the play button is "00:00." My colleague then opened the StoryMap and the same audio clip showed as being 405 minutes long! I'm concerned that users will not click "play" if the audio clip appears to contain nothing, or if it appears to be excessively long. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Olivia Mendelson‌ -- We deployed a fix for an audio issue yesterday. Can you check your audio files again and let me know if you are still seeing issues? They appear to be working as expected in the links you posted in the thread above.

By the way, those are excellent stories! Great use of image swipe and audio. 😄 Nice work!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Olivia -- I'm sorry you are seeing some issues with audio. Can you provide the browser and version that you are using? Also, are you seeing this issue with any audio file you add or just a specific file or files? If only a specific file, could you share it here so we can take a look?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OliviaMendelson
New Contributor

Thanks for your response! I'm using Chrome but also seeing the issue when the StoryMaps are opened in Safari. I'm having the issue with multiple audio files in multiple StoryMaps (all are wav files).

These are the StoryMaps I'm seeing this issue with: 

College Writing: Guided Visual Analysis 

Full STEAM Ahead! 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Olivia -- We looked into this and have identified the issue. We should have a fix to deploy in one of our upcoming updates in a week or two. I'm sorry this is impacting your experience.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Olivia Mendelson‌ -- We deployed a fix for an audio issue yesterday. Can you check your audio files again and let me know if you are still seeing issues? They appear to be working as expected in the links you posted in the thread above.

By the way, those are excellent stories! Great use of image swipe and audio. 😄 Nice work!

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OliviaMendelson
New Contributor

Looks like they're working now. Thank you!

0 Kudos